Thursday, October 19, 2006

What happened here?

I got lost in the desert and happened upon this town.

Where is this? I'm sure I've been here before...


There's an observatory on top of that distant hill over there, but it looks deserted. As a matter of fact, this whole town looks deserted. I can almost imagine a sprawling metropolis in this very spot. Cars whizzing by, people walking down the street, taking in the sights, checking out the shops. Commerce and Conversation, beating to the rhythm of a clockwork heart. But now, there's only dust. There's only desolation. What happened here?


I've walked down the main street, I've circled the buildings. I've looked for a sign, a hint of life, but have found none. It seems that the energy this town once had is still lingering quietly, awaiting its chance to be reborn. Could it be that the leaders of this once great town have given up on the city they know and love? Or was there some unforseen force that drove them away? So many questions I have but no one to answer them. Each step I take brings me closer to the edge of this town, and I don't have the desire to leave just yet.

So I turn myself 'round and start back again. Hoping that life will return. That feeling of deja vu is enticing me in, to the beating heart that still lingers within. As I walk toward the center of town, a light catches my eye. It's a reflection from the lens of the great observatory, as if a single solitary soul is still there. Is it true that someone still cares for this place? Still watches over it with great care? I turn to the west and begin the long walk, up the hill to the observatory there. Hoping to meet this lost soul left behind, still clinging to the town he holds dear.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am still here. Watching my town with a diligent eye. There's just so much to discover, such worlds to explore, with a powerful eye at my disposal. This town is not dead, just waiting to be... Built up again with the vision to see...

That the world is so vast, with infinite knowledge, and everyone has a space they can call their own. But mine is still sleeping, so don't run away. Morning comes soon, I invite you to stay.

I'll be back soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home