Sunday, August 27, 2006

What's a Jacket?

Today Dallas got a heap of much needed rain. It helped to bring the temperature down a degree or two.

I hear from the news guy that more rain is coming, as the cold air finally moves in our direction. Oh what joy it brings!!!

It's been so hot in Texas this year I honestly can't remember the last time I wore a jacket. Imagine a climate so hot I get satisfaction from watching movies that feature cold locations. I was watching the Dan Aykroyd/Chevy Chase masterpiece Spies Like Us recently, and it begins in Washington D.C. in the late fall. There's a little snow on the ground, a steely gray tone all around, and rolling clouds in the sky. It's cold.

...

cold...

...

Gosh, that word almost vanished from my consciousness. COLD!!! Cold enough that the actors had to wear jackets and coats and scarfs to keep the cold at bay. And there was wind too. No doubt it was cold...

There's something about a cold, windy, overcast day that just sets my mind at ease. It's like that feeling you get when everything works. Everything is as it should be. Balance is achieved. And with that balance comes the knowledge that perfection can be attained. To me, one of the great joys of life is getting lost in the neverending view of a rolling forested hillside, a calming breeze, and countless, tumbling gray clouds that follow the horizon into forever.

Wow. I'm actually waxing poetic over this.

So hurry home, cold weather. We miss you very much.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Master Mouse said...

I thought I was the only texan that prefers cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home